过滤器 & Filter 维护LegacyAc
When choosing a 过滤器 there are three things to consider:
If you are used to buying a 过滤器 at your local hardware store or big box retail stores you are probably thinking that cost is not that big of an issue. You can find 过滤器s ranging anywhere from a few dollars to upwards of $20+ for others
Common Filter Types
- Fiberglass 过滤器are probably the most common. They also happen to be the cheapest (Go figure). These 过滤器s have to be changed at least monthly during peak times during the hottest and coldest parts of the seasons. Let’s be honest with each other. Some of you still have your husband’s mother calling to remind him to change his underwear . Remembering to change an air 过滤器 at a specific point every thirty days is kind of asking a lot….Which brings us to…..
- Pleated 过滤器which are also pretty common, and still pretty cheap (“Cheap” has gotten a bad name, and we are not afraid to use it here. At 足球外围前十平台 we refuse to patronize you with the more Politically Correct term “Inexpensive” when “cheap” does the job just fine). Pleated 过滤器s have ridges built into them which serves to increase the available surface area to collect air borne particulate. The increased surface area enables the pleated 过滤器 to both collect more particulate, and to last longer
- HEPA(has to be capitalized not due to its status as a heavy weight in the world of air filtration, 它, but because for all you English nerds out there it is an “Acronym”). High- Efficiency Particulate Air 过滤器s are designed for those of us with “Oxygenated Special Needs” (O-S-N is actually the Latin term for the better known term “allergy sufferers”). HEPA 过滤器s collect 99.97%(source WIKI) air borne particulate as small as .3 micrometers. Things that are that small that are floating in your household air include pollens and dust mite FECES<<< capitalized because it is my post AND until I researched this, I didn’t know I was breathing dust mite FECES daily. Kind of makes me want to run out and buy a HEPA过滤器. Expensive to Install, but you will never again breathe in dust mite FECES… 谨慎!!!! Due to their ability to 过滤器 smaller particulate (HEPA 过滤器 are the almighty “Achilles” of filtration) their “Achilles Heel” lie in the fact that the 过滤器 box has to be larger because the 过滤器s have to be larger. This requires a qualified company do the consult and retrofit on changing out a traditional 过滤器 system to a HEPA filtration system…
- Electronic Filtration Systemscan be stand-alone units or integral to furnace, 过滤器 box, or duct system. (Disadvantage to using stand-alone/portable units is that they have to be in every commonly used room to be effective) The best thing about these is they make great Mothers day gifts or birthday gifts, as they greatly cut down on household dusting duties. (Just kidding on the gift thing because #1 Men can dust too, and #2 Men can dust too) These systems work far better and household wide when installed as an integral piece of your 加热 and Cooling systemCheaper than HEPA more expensive than Pleated/Fiberglass
- Charcoal 过滤器sare (I want to say never but shan’t) extremely and wisely never used alone. They are best for picking up odors, organic materials, and household smells such as (don’t let your imagination get ahead of me) bleach, ammonia and the like. Note Charcoal filtration systems can not be targeted to your husband’s side of the bed or any other “masculine” areas of the house; and besides, this being the 21st century ,I would be remiss, un-Politically Correct , if I didn’t say that you ladies smell too
And that about does it for me. I hope it was as entertaining for you to read as it was for me to write.
Should you need help with any of your filtration needs feel free to 足球外围前十平台 or call us at (702) 935-1955.